Designation: Zonal Head – Sales, Central India (Maharashtra / Gujarat / MP / Chattisgarh )
Industry: Banking and Financial Services (BFSI);
Location: State Capital / Large Branch
Date of Joining: Immediate
Reporting to: National Head Sales
Reportees : Cluster Business Managers
The Zonal Head will have an end to end accountability for sale of School Loans and cross sale of Captive and
3rd party ancillary products to these clients. The position would also have a revenue generation responsibility
along with maintaining the quality of the loan portfolio in the zone. The incumbent will recruit, mentor, drive
and lead an effective and motivated sales team consisting of Cluster
Managers and Relationship
Managers so as to achieve targets on sales volume, fee income and
quality targets. He will be
responsible for driving operational efficiency, employee productivity to achieve cost optimization goals.
This is a mission critical role and the incumbent will have a direct and far reaching impact on the future of
Varthana and success in this role will ensure commanding the respect and admiration of the entire company.
- Sales – Generate sales volumes from school owners with an emphasis on new client acquisition.
Ensure there is no intermediary sourcing channel and all proposals are sourced by the direct team.
- Sales Management – Build strong MIS, monitor teams performance and drive per employee productivity with at least 75% team meeting the benchmark. Inculcate a culture of uniform disbursements across the month Maintain working level camaraderie across interdependent functions viz. – Credit, Risk, Ops, Legal/Technical, Audit, Collections, Legal, HR.
- Marketing Management – Conceive and operationalise a focussed and cost effective BTL marketing plan in the zone for volume generation and enhancing brand VARTHANA.
- Recruitment – Hire manpower within the zone as per business needs and within the approved budget . Ensure diversity in the team by having a heterogeneous composition of CBM’s, Relationship Managers and Sales executives.
- Team Management – Develop a strong MIS regime for effectively monitoring the overall performance of every member in the team so that they achieve the productivity benchmark. Motivate, mentor and coach the team for superlative performance while ensuring strict adherence to portfolio quality metrics and process guidelines. Ensure a healthy working relationship with peer functions and foster a conducive environment in branches. Build and drive a culture of meritocracy and lead by example.
- Collection Management – Ensure over 95% efficiency in early collection buckets. Make sure the team spends adequate time with delinquent customers in softer buckets for collecting dues during the month. Ensure cheque bounce is controlled with timely awareness calling and the required customer education. Monitor cash collections by sales team and proper receipt issuance and immediate deposition in the company’s bank account.
- Others – Drive strong adherence to the company’s Code of Conduct policy. Ensure the team follows highest standards of honesty, integrity and ethical behaviour. Ensure strategic guidelines issued by Business seniors are implemented and the team is aligned with the overall company ethos.
– Proven Sales track record
– Strong people management skills to lead a team of Managers
– High level of maturity to manage conflicts and command respect cutting across functions
– Comfortable in interfacing with clients
– Passionate about making a difference and working in a niche segment
– Willingness to travel extensively
– Great communication skills
– Mature in outlook and high on energy